Hybrid mobile app frameworks are the blend for today’s new mobile app development generations, hence the name hybrid is both native and web-based solutions that you should be found on your mobile and portable devices. For a better understanding of this approach, let’s break its components on a deeper level.
- 1 Top 20 Best Hybrid Mobile App Frameworks
- 2 Native Script
- 3 React Native
- 4 Xamarin
- 5 Onsen UI
- 6 Ionic
- 7 Framework7
- 8 Apache Cordova
- 9 Appcelerator Titanium
- 10 Mobile Angular UI
- 11 Sencha Touch
- 12 Kendo UI
- 13 jQuery Mobile
- 14 Mobincube
- 15 LongRange
- 16 Qt
- 17 Alpha Anywhere
- 18 PhoneGap
- 19 Firebase
- 20 Swiftic
- 21 VuForia
Top 20 Best Hybrid Mobile App Frameworks
Here’s the list of top best hybrid mobile app frameworks that will help you to fulfil all your business requirements. Using these hybrid mobile app frameworks you can create your hassle-free cross-platform based application. We have tried to provide much detail of every framework, hence give some time and go through each detail for your decision making.
Why use Native Script?
- The native script uses native components and has access to native device APIs.
- Native script uses NPM (Node Package Manager) for plugin support.
- The native script uses XML based markup language which is similar to HTML. It also uses a small bit of CSS to style the UI.
- It also has its own standard views wrapped around its native component, Buttons is actually rendering from its UIButton libraries.
With React Native, you can build a native application over a mobile web app, html5 app or hybrid apps. You build an app that is imperceptible from an app built in using objective-C or java. React Native is an open-source, released on March 26, 2015. This hybrid mobile app framework was created by Facebook. You can use React native today in your existing Android, iOS projects or you can build an app from scratch.
Why use React Native?
- This platform provides the facility to use the Same native API that other apps do.
- React Native allows you to create a purely native app and doesn’t compromise on your user’s experience.
- It has seamless Cross-Platform compatibility.
Xamarin is a cross-platform hybrid mobile app framework owned by Microsoft. It solves the difficulty of many developers face when developing cross-platform apps like separate coding languages, Integrating components and UI paradigms. With C# shared codebase, developers use the Xamarin framework to build iOS, Android, and Universal Windows apps.
Xamarin is one of the famous hybrid mobile app frameworks that has been employed in any organization. Over more than 1.4 million developers community use it around the world.
The Xamarin platform is also known to abide by the WORA( Write once, Run anytime) principal. Xamarin is famous for developing a business mobile application with a native look and feel.
Why use Xamarin?
- Code Reusability ie more than 70% of code is reusable between iOS and Android, lesser code to write for your business mobile application.
- Xamarin allows you to generate productive and high-performing code that can access every native APIs.
- Xamarin has many community developers to keep it with the latest technology trends.
- The integration process is easy because of Xamarin. You can integrate Xamarin with various SDKs of specific mobile operating systems.
- It has your all in one solution to mobile DevOps. You can build, test and monitor native mobile apps across multiple platforms, using just one tool.
Why use Onsen UI?
- Onsen UI has a large collection of ready to use component, responsive out of the box.
- It is compatible with JQuery and Angular both.
- It has some awesome features like the font-awesome, built-in Theme Roller, Screen Transition and many more.
- Using TopCoat and with basic CSS, you create an easily themeable UI that looks pretty good and is flexible.
- Onsen UI is very easy to use and it is free for commercial projects.
Ionic is a very prominent and open-source kind SDK for hybrid mobile application development maintained by Max Lynch, Ben Sperry, and Adam Bradley in the year 2013 i.e. 7 years ago. The original version was released in the year 2013 and built on top of AngularJS and Apache Cordova. However, the latest release was re-built as a set of Web Components, letting the user choose any user interface framework, such as Angular, React or Vue.js.
It also permits the use of Ionic components with no user interface framework at all. Ionic provides tools and services for developing hybrid mobile, desktop, and Progressive Web Applications based on modern web development technologies and practices, using Web technologies such as CSS, HTML5, and Sass. In particular, mobile applications can be built with these Web technologies and then distributed with the help of native application stores to be installed on devices by utilizing Cordova or Capacitor.
Why use Ionic?
- Single source for all the supported platforms (mainly Android and OSX).
- The main development in HTML, CSS, and js, which almost all the web developers know (or at least the good ones).
- Being able to use great frameworks like angular, which is embedded in ionic by default.
- If you are hiring someone to build your application you will reduce costs.
- Design, Ionic takes care of the design and follows platform guidelines, meaning that application has different look and feel depending on the platform they are running.
Framework7 was developed in the year 2014. The latest version 1.4.2 was released in February 2016 and licensed under MIT. Framework7 is a free and open-source HTML framework for developing hybrid mobile apps or web apps for iOS and Android devices. It is one of a set of open-source libraries and solutions from iDangero.us authored by Mr Vladimir Kharlampidi. Framework7 can also be used with other frameworks like Angular, React, etc. if desired.
Why Use Framework7?
- One can easily develop applications for iOS and Android without learning it.
- Not dependent on any third party library even for DOM manipulation. Instead, it has it’s own custom DOM7.
- Responsive. It has a built-in grid system layout to arrange elements responsively.
- Completely Dynamic. It loads pages from templates via flexible router API.
The main objective of Apache Cordova to make the same source code compatible with all the mobile operating systems. It tends to keep the procedure easy by including every possible target platforms in a single package and collecting some tools that may be familiar and useful to you. Apache Cordova aims to provide a development environment for both native and mobile web developers to develop cross-platform mobile applications.
Why Use Apache Cordova?
- Applications developed using Apache Cordova can be used by almost every platform starting from the iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry to Tizen.
- It comes with application debug and profiling options for testing applications on various device configurations.
- Offers a very clean and easy-to-use interface using which designing, developing, testing and building an application is made easier.
- Code generator and demo apps are an added advantage of using the Apache Cordova.
Why Use Appcelerator Titanium?
- Extensive support with strong API.
- Supports Android and iOS (which is quite very useful).
- Re-usability of code, while converting it from one platform to another with small UI tweaks.
- Capacity for using native UI controls, you can write your native controls as well.
Mobile Angular UI is one of the best and compact hybrid mobile app frameworks. It provides necessary mobile components missing in Bootstrap 3 such as switches and overlays etc. It has no dependency on jQuery but instead relies on libraries like fastclick.js and overthrow.js to achieve a better mobile experience.
Why Use Mobile Angular UI?
- With Mobile Angular UI, it is possible to design a responsive, mobile user interface. It also allows converting desktop web applications to mobile applications.
- It allows creating awesome mobile components.
- Bootstrap tailored according to development needs.
- Stretch and squeeze your browser window to see both mobile and desktop versions.
- Allows testing responsiveness and speed.
Why Use Sencha Touch?
- Customizable and more than 50 build-in UI (User Interface) widgets with a collection of rich UI (User Interface) such as lists, carousels, forms, menus, and toolbars, built specifically for mobile platforms.
- A flexible layout manager helps organize the display of data and content across various mobile devices with different operating systems.
- The framework includes a robust data package that can consume data from any backend data source.
- Adaptive layouts, animations, and smooth scrolling for a better mobile web application experience for the use.
- Out-of-the-box, native-looking themes for every major platform enable us to make web and hybrid applications match the look and feel of the target platforms.
Kendo UI is a comprehensive HTML5 user interface (UI) framework for building interactive and high-performance websites and applications. It comes with a library of 70+ User Interface (UI) widgets, an abundance of data-visualization gadgets, client-side data source, and a built-in Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) library.
Why Use Kendo UI?
- Controls are flexible and configurable and can be adapted easily to various hybrid mobile app frameworks.
- Controls are reliable and have proven to perform consistently and well in our production environment for years.
- The vendor provides excellent online documentation and support.
- Customizable themes enable you to effortlessly deploy a consistent look and feel across your apps.
- The vendor makes an outstanding effort to keep current with the latest web technologies.
Why Use jQuery Mobile?
- Compatible with all main desktop browsers as well as all main mobile platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry, WebOS, Symbian.
- Built on top of jQuery core so it has a minimal learning curve for people already familiar with jQuery syntax.
- The same underlying codebase will automatically scale to any screen.
- Limited dependencies and lightweight to optimize speed.
- HTML5-driven configuration for laying out pages with minimal scripting.
Why Use Mobincube?
- Build applications from any kind i.e. from business to educational, entertainment to games, home to health and many more.
- Remote content: Online content can be updated on the fly.
- Source code: Develop your own advanced functionalities.
- Databases: Add large databases and decide how to show the information.
- Splash screen: Show images of logos in a defined time, usually within several seconds, through a timer.
LongRange is one of the most popular hybrid mobile app frameworks for native development of mobile applications that can be concocted with components such as form views, commands, and navigation tabs. This framework is based upon two different principles, which consists of faster mobile application development and shorter procedure for maintenance. LongRange, when combined with COBOL, CL, or RPG, can help develop mobile applications very fast.
Why Use LongRange?
- Development is possible with beginner-level programming expertise.
- Ability to create native applications with the use of CL, RPG, or DDS.
- Cater’s long-term reliability with faster operations for native apps.
- It is obscure and does not really have a community to access information on this software.
Qt is a multiple application software development kit that provides deployment structure, development, and cost-effective designs. This tool can be used easily by developers to deliver the best user experience possible over a massive variety of handheld devices.
Qt is an answer that allows you to link all the gaps over various platforms and also among the physical, online experiences. It also permits you to expedite Android Applications Development and development on other platforms. It also offers you the chance for personalized and contextual communication with customers beyond the main product it’self.
Why Use Qt?
- Extra implementation offering compiler and parser optimization on the tool.
- Extremely old and stable. It was initially used for creating software for Windows and Mac.
- C++ base and a large community of experienced developers.
- Great design and years of available documentation.
- Offers support for obscure Private keys.
Alpha Anywhere is a Hybrid Application Development framework that is low code and a fast deployment framework that permit’s the fastest way to develop offline-compatible mobile and web applications. It can be also applied to create cross-platform mobile and web business applications. It can easily be faced as a single-stop store for every development for your desktop, mobile, and web application.
Why Use Alpha Anywhere?
- Data encryption with SSL and HMAC support.
- Security is high with efficient encryption.
- Readymade sample applications for cross confirmation.
- Offers intensive backend data support.
- It provides good access to the backend for a low-code platform.
PhoneGap is an open-source framework, can easily be defined as the simplest framework of cross-platform nature. Developers can easily build applications with the use of Web APIs, which adds in an application shell that is wrapper native. Further, PhoneGap provides its own cloud service termed “Build,” which can compile applications with no SDK instalment needed. PhoneGap supports many mobile platforms, which allows you to use existing HTML/JS code and deploy to multiple platforms like iOS, Android, Symbian, Blackberry, WebOS, WP7, Samsung Bada, etc.
Why Use PhoneGap?
- It provides a robust backend system with high-speed development to reduce development efforts.
- It can be extended with native plugins and lets to add more functionalities.
- Ability to develop a single application that works on multiple platforms.
- It is a very flexible platform.
Firebase is a mobile application development framework (acquired by Google in 2011) that supports the creation of iOS X, iOS, and Android platforms. It holds the capacity to remove the time that is consumed in the phase of development. It also ensures the integration of data servers and storage.
Why Use Firebase?
- It offers an amazing integration strategy with AngularJS, hence it also enables the creation of applications in a very short span of time.
- JSON storage allows communication between data and objects.
- It does not require a server for storing app data.
- It is the most advanced example of a BaaS solution.
- Data storage assured with 2048-bit SSL data transfer encryption.
Swiftic is a dedicated iOS Application Development software. This tool provides an easy and navigable interface that permit’s any developer to develop an application based on requirements on the outlaid business. This tool has a variety of features that make the application for business more helpful and also is easy on your eyes and hands.
Why Use Swiftic?
- Provision for the creation of custom applications and publishing the same on top-ranking stores.
- Keeping in contact with customers is very easy.
- Grab more customers with push notifications.
- Access to basic templates.
- Good for amateur developers.
VuForia is an augmented reality SDK. This is the best Hybrid Application Development framework that let developers generate applications based on AR technology. VuForia also ushers in the application of Computer Vision tech to identify and also monitor photos and #D objects. This not only assures a reliable and robust experience in some environments but also acts as a way to cross-check functions effortlessly.
Why Use VuForia?
- VuForia houses the ability to track and recognize a large variety of objects.
- Extends support for most of the high-end devices.
- Houses ability for the creation of high-quality AR experience.
- Capable of creation of virtual buttons.
- Support for video playback.