- 1 Webload
- 2 LoadNinja
- 3 Smartmeter.io
- 4 LoadView
- 5 LoadUI NG Pro
- 6 Apache JMeter
- 7 Micro Focus LoadRunner
- 8 Rational Performance Tester (RPT)
- 9 LoadComplete
- 10 WAPT
- 11 Loadster
- 12 k6
- 13 Testing Anywhere
- 14 Appvance
- 15 Apica LoadTest
- 16 Predator
- 17 QEngine
- 18 LoadStorm
- 19 CloudTest
- 20 Silk Performer
This tool is distributed both in the free and commercial way. It should be mentioned that WebLOAD Free Edition includes almost all the features from the commercial version. The limitations concerned with the number of virtual users (maximum 50 persons) and some exceptions for Oracle Forms, Flex/AMF, streaming/multimedia features.
Features of Webload
- Supports every major web technology
- Powerful correlation engine
- Automatic bottleneck detection
- Generate load on-premise or in the cloud
LoadNinja by SmartBear lets you create scriptless sophisticated performance tests very quickly, decrease testing time by 50%, replace load emulators with real browsers, and get actionable, browser-based metrics, all at ninja speed. One can easily capture client-side interactions, debug in real-time, and identify performance problems immediately.
This is one of the performance testing tools that empower teams to enhance their test coverage without sacrificing quality by removing the tedious efforts of dynamic correlation, script translation, and script scrubbing. With LoadNinja, engineers, testers, and product teams can focus more on building apps that scale and less on building load testing scripts.
Features of LoadNinja
- Scriptless load test creation and playback with InstaPlay recorder
- Real browser load test execution at scale
- Hosted on the cloud, no server machine & upkeep required
- Browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting features
This load and performance testing tool offers advanced testing functions. With JMeter at its core, it will be instantly familiar to any of the users.
It is very simple to create a test in SmartMeter.io. One can make test scenarios without scripting just by clicking in an embedded browser. There is also no proxy setup or browser plugin necessary. It is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
Features of Smartmeter.io
- It is simple to use.
- Scriptless test scenario creation.
- GUI test run with real-time results.
- It fully supports CI/CD integration.
With LoadView by Dotcom-Monitor, one can show the actual performance of their applications under load just as your users experience it. This performance testing tool utilizes real browser-based load testing for websites, web applications, and APIs. Easily create multiple-step scripts that simulate users interacting with your website or app using the EveryStep Web Recorder, or even manually edit the script using your C# code.
Features of LoadView
- It is a complete Cloud-based performance testing software, eliminating hardware hassle.
- LoadView allows you to pay according to the use if you do not want to pay for a month.
- It shows you the load stress for real-world browsers.
- It’s trusted by Volvo, Dell, and Comcast.
LoadUI NG Pro creates sophisticated load tests with just a few clicks. This performance testing tool makes it easy to model real-world loads on your API. LoadUI NG Pro supports REST, SOAP, JMS, MQTT, and many other API formats.
LoadUI is an easy-to-use graphical interface that makes it simple for new users to set up load scenarios, and also provides advanced scripting features for those with more experience. It easily lets you reuse your existing functional test cases from SoapUI and SoapUI NG Pro. With just three clicks you can transform your SoapUI NG Protest cases into sophisticated performance tests.
Features of LoadUI NG Pro
- Multiple performance strategies.
- Drag and drop interface.
- Real-time feedback about your test case results.
- It works with the major operating system.
Apache JMeter is one of the most commonly used open-source performance testing tools for load testing. It was originally was developed for testing web applications or FTP applications. At present, this tool can be used for the functional test, database server test, etc. Apache JMeter does not require a state of the art infrastructure for load testing and gives support for multiple load injectors managed by a single controller.
Key Features of Apache JMeter
- No special installation is required.
- It supports multiple load injectors managed by one controller.
- It is highly portable and supports all the Java-based apps.
- Less scripting efforts as compared to other load testing tools.
This can be used as a Performance Testing tool. This can be bought as a Micro Focus product from its Micro Focus software division. Also, it is very much useful in understanding and determining the performance and outcome of the system when there is an actual load.
One of the most attractive features of this testing tool is that it can create and handle thousands of users at the same time.
Features of Micro Focus LoadRunner
- It comprises various tools- Virtual User Generator, Controller, Load Generator, and Analysis.
- Microsoft Windows and Linux are the favourable operating system for this measuring tool.
- It enables you to gather all the required information concerning the performance.
Rational Performance Tester (RPT) is a performance and load testing tool introduced by IBM Corporation. It can be used for a web application or a server-based application where there is a process of input and output is involved. RPT creates a demo of the original transaction process between the user and the web service.
Key Features of Rational Performance Tester (RPT)
- No special programming knowledge is required.
- It is run with large multi-users test cases.
- It is run with large multi-users test cases.
- Real-time reporting for immediate performance problem identification.
A desktop tool for load, stress, and scalability testing for both websites and web apps, LoadComplete by SmartBear does not require advanced coding skills – meaning you can focus on the more important tasks.
Key Features of LoadComplete
- Load testing for .NET and Java apps
- Generates various levels of traffic without requiring code inputs
- Test options available for IE, Chrome, and Firefox
- Provides checks for both, secure and non-secure traffic
WAPT is a very well-known tool, which is equally effective for load testing web services, mobile apps, and all types of websites from e-shops to corporate ERP and CRM systems.
Making just a few clicks, one can create and execute test cases with thousands of virtual users. WAPT allows you to control how to customize these virtual users.
Features of WAPT
- Windows OS is required for this tool.
- Well-illustrated and detailed reports are available even at the runtime.
- Web site security testing.
- Fast test recording and design.
A full-featured testing solution for websites, web apps, and web services, Loadster is built for real web applications and can handle cookies, user sessions, custom headers, and more with ease.
Features of Loadster
- It is best to identify the performance bottlenecks in your app.
- It works on Windows 7/Vista/XP.
- Concurrent users are generated from 5 different continents
- Loads multiple tests at once and generates users for all tests
Features of k6
- k6 works on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- It provides native Pass/Fail behaviour for easy automation and integration into CI pipelines.
Testing Anywhere is an Automated load testing tool that can be employed for testing the performance of any website, web application, or any other objects. Many developers and testers make use of this tool to find out the bottlenecks in their web applications and rectify them accordingly.
It is a powerful tool that can test any application automatically. This performance testing tool comes along with a built-in editor which offers the users to edit the testing criteria according to their needs.
Features of Testing Anywhere
- No programming knowledge is required.
- Test cases are easily built and edited.
- Has the ability to perform migration testing.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows Operating System.
The first unified software test automation platform, Appvance eliminates the redundancies created by traditional siloed performance testing tools that clog DevOps teams.
By unifying tests with its advanced write-once methodology, a functional test can be re-used for performance, load, compatibility, app-penetration, synthetic APM, and more, thereby increasing velocity and productivity, reducing costs, and finally letting teams to work and collaborate.
Key Features of Appvance
- Tests your applications and shows how a user would see it
- Finds bugs the user would find on their browsers and mobile applications
- Data-drive is available for any language you use
- Brings in a new level of smoothness in their record and play script creation
Apica LoadTest is an application and website load testing solution developed to assist users in ensuring that their websites, applications, APIs, and IoT are scalable. Some of the core features of Apica LoadTest are pre-release testing, client-side statistics, and infrastructure indicators to measure the performance impact of the increasing load to ensure applications perform at peak conditions. Results are visible in real-time, and error snapshots, waterfall graphs, and comparison reports give users further insight into page performance, various issues, and failed requests.
Key Features of Apica LoadTest
- Advanced Features include AJAX/web services, XML/JSON Data Viewer, API data/Execution.
- Test on demand or automate load testing throughout development lifecycles.
- Easily integrated into existing Dev stacks via their partnership integrations and their REST API.
Predator manages the entire lifecycle of stress-testing servers, from creating performance tests, to run these tests on a scheduled and on-demand basis, and finally viewing the test results in a highly informative and live report.
It has a simple, one-click installation, built with support for Kubernetes, DC/OS, and Docker Engine, and can persist the created performance tests and their reports in 5 different databases. It also supports running distributed load out of the box. Bootstrapped with a user-friendly UI alongside a simple REST API, Predator helps developers simplify the load testing regime.
Features of Predator
- Open source load testing platform.
- Built-in dashboard to compare multiple test runs at once.
- It offers a rich UI along with a powerful REST API.
- It works under every OS with Docker.
QEngine (ManageEngine) is the most popular and easy-to-use automated testing tool helping in performance testing and load testing of your web applications. Many developers find it to be the most simple and easy tool to use for finding out any leakage in their web services or websites. The most important feature of this testing tool is its ability to perform remote testing of web services from any geographical location.
Features of QEngine
- This tool works with Microsoft Windows and Linux.
- This is free software available for users online.
- It offers various other testing options such as Functional testing, compatibility testing, stress testing, load testing, etc.
LoadStorm is the easy-to-use and cost-effective tool which can be used for load testing of the web and mobile apps. It has open-source and commercial editions. One can run test cases with no more than 50 virtual users for free.
Features of LoadStorm
- No special installation is needed.
- Constant on-line support
- It provides traffic geographic distribution.
- Well-customized reports.
CloudTest is a comprehensive tool for providing load and performance tests of web and mobile and applications. It can be hosted on one or more physical servers and in the cloud. Amazon Web Services and Rackspace cloud services providers are used by CloudTest for traffic simulation.
Key Features of CloudTest
- CloudTest automation tools quickly and easily integrate with yours
- Real-time analytics.
- Test cases are quickly created, edited, executed, and analyzed.
Silk Performer (formerly known as Borland) is a powerful tool for the load testing of web, mobile, and enterprise apps. It helps to identify the weak points of the application under the peak customer load using integrated diagnostics and trending reports.
Key Features of Silk Performer
- It requires minimum hardware resources
- Simulates modifiable virtual users
- Supports integrated server monitoring
- This has Customer-friendly licensing